Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 21: In isolation...

Monday 14 June 2010
The doctors will be checking up on me soon. Better freshen up!  The nurse has just given me my morning dosage, a mix of pain relief and antibiotics, about 8 pills in total.  My obs (short for observations) which is my blood pressure, heart rate are all in check.  Then another antibiotic through my I.V.  The doctors have decided to give me a range of antibiotics and pain relief until they determine what I actually have. 

Oh funny story, so my wider Vena family has been watching a lot of “Target” programmes lately and the last one I watched with them was the “Cleaners” episode.  So this morning I had a cleaner in my room.  I watched her busily using her cloth and JIF.  Funny, had I not watched all those Target episodes I would not have picked up on a few things like using the same cloth for the basin, window sill and toilet!, using the JIF to clean everything, and not changing her gloves from cleaning everything and then picking up my chapstick that fell on the floor and passing it to me! Grosse!

Anyway I’m having cornflakes, wheat bread and pineapple for breakfast.  Hmmm yummy.  Have only eaten my cornflakes and already feel like nodding off again.  I gaze out my window, it looks to be the start of a beautiful day today.  Construction boys are on site today.  Hutt Hospital may be building a new ward.  So I prayed, then fell asleep, woke up and prayed again, then fell asleep again! Argh! Blasted drugs....

So the doctors have just left.  So basically I am pretty sick!  I knew something was wrong with me.  I’m glad they finally found something.  I was starting to think it was some phantom pain that I was feeling!  I wish they had done the CT scan 2 weeks ago, they may have found early signs of something.  I was getting a little tired of hearing about some muscular pain they thought it might be.  A lot of pain in my back, now moving to my right side and my chest.  It’s so strong that I am short of breath.  I’m too scared to move around in my bed because of the pain.  There’s a lot of infection in my lungs, with some fluid and inflammation.  So a mix of pneumonia, pleurisy and potentially the swine flu but they’re doing more tests to determine that.  I’m just glad they moving on things now.

Mum just visited me.  I love my chats with my mum.  Talked about the combine service last night.  Had Jed and Nat visit me last night.  Glad to hear that Nat will be a regular at church.
Talked to Del to thank her for taking care of our girls.  So blessed to have a sister-in-law who is so caring!  God bless all sisters and sister-in-laws!

I slept okay.  So blessed to be looked after by great nurses.  I don’t feel like a number in this hospital.  I really feel cared for.  I try to make an effort to remember everyone’s names.  There have been so many nurses and doctors so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment