Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 23 - More tests...

Wednesday 16 June
I’m nervous today.  I will be going through a procedure that requires a scope going down my throat to my heart to look at whether the bacteria has infected the valves of my heart.  I’m glad Dan has taken the day off to be with me.  The procedure reminded me of when I was 12 years old, I had Bells Palsy and mum took me to see a “Fofo” (samoan doctor-like).  The Fofo thought that by massage the cyst that was in my throat would heal me.  That was not an experience I would want anyone to go through. 

My day nurse, is a young 21 year old female graduate.  She has been great!  I pray that God blesses her for her passion to care for His children.   She is so bubbly and personable and has made my stay comfortable.  She always calls me “honey” which is a term of endearment that I am not used to.  I have been blessed with great nurses during my stay.

I went for my test, which went well.  I gagged for a bit but like they said because I was sedated I actually don’t remember much of the procedure.  It did not take long thankfully.  Again God has pulled through for me, the test was clear!  Praise God!

I returned to the room feeling very tired.  I love my husband.  We talked about the differences in people’s expression of love.  Using the five love languages theory I described to Dan that my highest preference is that someone shows their love through their service, through doing something for me.  During my stay Dan wanted to be with me the whole time which is a love language that he holds as a high preference – Quality Time.  Whereas I was thinking about how messy the house would be and that his time could be better spent tidying up the house before I came home.  I’m glad that we could hold conversations like this and receive it well.  I love my husband so much.  I am so blessed to have him in my life.  I think Dan got the message in the end.

Ian & Del came to visit with Popo & Lady-bug.  So gorgeous my niece and nephew.  It was good to see Ian & Del.  They didn’t stay too long ‘cause my “gourmet” meal turned up LOL.  Nia was here and seems so grown up.  I can’t wait to go home and be with my girls. I miss my little monkeys so much.  I want to hug and kiss them!

I didn’t sleep very well.  Felt very uncomfortable all night.  I watched TV until 2.30am.  I think it was a bad decision to watch The Grudge 2 ( I think ) because I was freaking out being alone in the hospital! LOL silly me.  After reading Matthew 6:22 that when my eyes see good my whole body is filled with light.  This is something that I’m trying to work on with the temptation of the internet, DVDs, TV programmes.  I’ve come to realise that staying in the hospital without internet connection I feel released from the hold that reading websites, viewing photos, watching videos has over me.  The internet is addictive and such a dangerous place.  I watched a TV programme the other day about catching predators who lure 10 – 13 year olds they meet on chat rooms to have sex.  Young children, even adults give out so much information about themselves on the internet that a stranger can find out where they live, who they are, who their family are.  It’s a 
scary reality!

Anyway, thankfully it didn’t take long before I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment