Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 64 -....Day 1 of reducing pain relief

It was a cold day today in Wellington!  I hate thinking about my girls going to school in the rain.
My parents are not well at the moment but they are doing their best to take care of me and my family.  The dinners have been awesome!!!  Will really miss my mum when she leaves.  I'm sure Dan will too :)  Interesting that she will not share any of her recipes though.  Greedy I think :)  It's funny hearing my parents with my girls.  My dad talks to them exactly how he used to talk to me and my brothers except without the ear-clipping :)  My mum has been great and taught them a new song which Mira has already begun to sing variations of and making us all laugh.

So today is Day 1 of reducing the pain relief.  I'm trying not to worry too much about the pain.  My body is aching and I do feel like I'm coming down with the cold.  My throat was sore yesterday and I have been feeling the hot flushes.  I'm going to have an early night tonight.  My body is aching.

But before I go...I was watching this programme about a couple on deathrow.  They were convicted of abducting and killing 13 girls and their son.  While the FBI were convinced that there were more girls killed they tried to get the locations of those girls out of the husband.  They were also convinced that the wife was the innocent party and believed that she did not kill their son.  The couple were to be electrocuted on the same night, an hour apart.  The husband first and then the wife.  The wife had always known that her son was alive which would prove her innocence and therefore she would not executed.  The FBI felt that she should be saved and therefore sought out her son and found him.  The wife had pleaded that she is at peace with the life that she lead with her husband and that she made the right choice in giving up her son (her husband thought she killed their son - which he wanted.).  She knew that if her son found out who his parents were it would influence his life.  He was adopted into a wealthy family who cared and loved him as their own.  He had won a scholarship and was an accomplished musician.  The FBI gave in to the wife's pleading and did not tell the boy who his mother was.  The wife was then executed with the peace that her son was free from her husband and living a good life.  One which she could not give.

Watching this programme I think about those women who had to give up their children because of whatever reason and how hard that decision would have been.  This happened to a good friend of mine. I felt sad for her when she would tell me how hard it was to give her away when she gave birth.  My friend was barely out of her teens herself but I remember seeing those tears that a mother would only have when they had lost their child.  The right thing to do would have been to reveal the son so that the wife/mother would be set free.  What a difficult decision for the wife/mother to make and for the FBI agent also.

I talk about choices and decision so much because a lot of us do not realise the power we have in making choices/decision in our lives.  We make choices every day.  What tooth paste to use.  Whether to make our bed in the morning.  Whether to have breakfast before we leave home.  No matter how big or small our choices are, these choices mould our character, our person.  For the wife/mother, the decision she made to give away her son so that her husband would not find out, moulded her into a strong woman, one of faith that her son will have a better life than the one that she could give.

I made a choice ten years ago to become a born again christian and my life has never been the same again.  Nor did I expect for my life to ever turn out the way it has thus far.  Illness or no illness I hope that my future will be one that is moulded from the good and Godly choices I make from today onwards and that my children and husband will be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment