Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 63 - Good news....

It was hard to believe when the nurse coordinator told me today that this would be my last week with the antibiotic infuser (picc line in my arm).  That would make this week my 6th week with this antibiotics! Wow!  I told the coordinator that the pain relief has worked really well so this week I can start weaning off the pain killers.  I was excited when I told Dan and I followed on with "Yay I can start exercising".  Well that idea was quickly squashed with his "but you still have to take it easy".  Oh poos :).

My girls stayed home today and hung out with my parents.  I slept in, until my nurse arrived.  She made it up my driveway.  Thankfully the driveway was dry so there wasn't going to be any slip 'n slides today!.  Remember those? slip 'n slides? who didn't use a tarpaulin and dish washing liquid?? there were plenty a skid marks during those summers :)  My brothers would know.

Interesting I received a number of calls today from one of the patients I met in hospital.  I must return her call tomorrow.  Also from an old school friend.  It was good to hear from them.  I can't believe that this is the last week of July.  I will be heading back to work soon.

I'm feeling really groggy today.  My throat is aching and I nose is all stuffy.  It felt nice to just sleep the day away while my parents took care of my girls.  They really enjoyed their time together.

I got to spend some time catching up with my mum in the "kitchen".  We talked about what's going on in our lives.  I asked her questions about her past.  It was nice that she quickly shared it with me.  The rest week I'm sure will reveal more about my parents upbringing.  I don't know why I never asked them before.

I've spent a bit of time on facebook today, as we do. :)  It's interesting to see how people use the "what's on your mind" field.  I think it can be used too literally.  It can be a dangerous thing to do so because as we are all unique our words can be interpreted differently.  Someone once said that once it is out there (on the internet), you can never get it back.  I begin to wonder when personal things (our situations) are hung out to dry on facebook or bebo for all to see, it begs the question do people have positive supporters in their lives to vent to? to share their thoughts with? Something to think think about.

Well today starts my 10pm curfew on the laptop :) so I'm going to do my best to stick to it especially now that things are looking better for me health-wise.  Praise God!

Aunty playing Blockus with my girls


Before I sign off, here are some pics of my gorgeous family who have helped out recently....
Story time




Ready to go into the oven
Baking cookies


Uncle Junior working on Project Driveway
Uncle Junior making his famous banana cake


Making cookies with their cousin


With their Uncle Ben


Trip to the laundromat with their Uncle Ben

Eating the dinner Uncle Ben made



Cooking dinner with Uncle Guido

No comments:

Post a Comment