Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 25 to 31 - Finding out who we are and blessings that still come in our darkest times...

Friday 18 June
Going home today! Feel good looking forward to spending more time with my girls and Dan. 
So glad to be home today.  Veta & Vai visited and bought over a bag of fruit and juice.  El brought over sum dinner, yum butter chicken. She ended up staying the night.

Saturday 19 June – Thursday 24 June
My time at home has been great.  It has been difficult to just sit and rest and not do anything around the house.  Every morning I would tidy up the house before the nurse comes to visit.  I’ve spent a lot of time watching T.V.   It is so draining to sit in front of the television and watch a bunch of shows. 

During the week I watched a couple of episodes of “Who do you think you are?”.  The show features celebrities who want to know about their past.  I watched Patsy Kensit a British singer/ actress learn that she had good role models for her sons.  Her father was connected to well known organised criminals in London.  Her grandfather was a thief and spent the first 6 – 7 years of her father’s life in prison.  She investigated further and found that her great x6 grandfather on her father and mother’s side were both dedicated clergymen of the churches in England.  She was so happy to find that there is some good blood in her family after all.

Jerry Springer was very interesting because given the types of shows he has hosted it was an eye-opener to find out that he is a descendent of polish Jews.  He traced his family roots back to where his maternal and paternal grandmother were killed.  It was interesting to find out that his grandmothers died in different types of camps that the Germans had set up.  Some were for poor Jews and others for wealthy Jews.  Both camps were the same , the only difference was the type of transport that was used to take all the jews to their designated camps.  When Jerry arrived at each of these camps he prayed in all the trains and buildings and his tears could not stop from falling. 

Lord, I pray for all those descendents of those jews and Nazis, I pray that their lives in the modern world today acknowledge their past but make changes for their future and the future of their off spring.  I pray for the cycle of all violence, hatred, starvation, all types of crime, spoken and unspoken bad in this world is broken! Amen.

This week I received a call from the Hutt City Council.  Before I fell ill I applied for a scholarship with the Hutt City Council and PACIFICA.  And even in my low times God still pulls through for me.  I won the scholarship!  

No comments:

Post a Comment