Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 55 - and what a great day it was....

Absolutely enjoyed being in the house of the Lord today!!!  Was welcomed with a cup of tea and biscuits and then headed into some great worship and Word.  The Parables of the Talents (Matt 25:14 - 30) has got to be one of my favourite parables and on reflection is a theme that is consistent throughout my journey.

Today our worship team sang "I will run" by Freddy Rodriguez and man was I taken to another level.  Beautiful chorus:

"So I will run
Forever I will run
Unto you oh God
Now you have my heart

So I will, I will run
Forever I will run
Run to you oh God
Where else can I go
Forever I will run"

This song and worship helped me to feel that nothing else matter but to sing so loud and so hard that my God could hear my love ringing in his ears.  I testified about the goodness that God has done for me during this illness.  God has been so faithful.  I don't think I have ever questioned why this was happening to me but rather seeing this as an opportunity to serve Him.

I absolutely loved being at church today.  My spirit was filled with Joy.  I once heard another someone talk about Happiness comes from a happening therefore it comes and goes as the moment does but joy comes from within therefore it is everlasting.  And today that is how my heart and spirit felt.  Joyful.

My girls sang a song with me following my testimony which was there first time singing in front of a crowd and they sang with confidence.  How innocent are the hearts of our children.

I absolutely loved today and today is the start of a new journey one that will look for opportunities to use my talents.

Are there opportunities for you to use your talents to help someone? to better your life and your family's?

I hope your day was a good as mine :)

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment