Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 54 - Just us....

My aunty returned home today :(  I feel so relaxed knowing that so much has been done during her stay.  But more so the quality time we shared talking about our families and the relationships within our families.  This trip has been so special because of the great things she has done for me and my family and for helping me to understand my own mum a little better.  I have really enjoyed our time together.  It was great to see my girls enjoying their time also with my aunty.

I am feeling a lot better.  More so my spirit feels better.  My body is tired but I am okay.  Tomorrow morning will be the first time I will be at church in 5 weeks.  I am looking forward to it.

I started to watch one of the DVD sets of Friends that my husband took our from the library.  I started watching the episode about Phoebe being the surrogate mother for her brother's triplets.  How hard it must be emotionally and physically to carry a child for someone else.  I know what the pregnancy is like, having had two myself but to come to the end of that term and giving the child away is heart breaking.  I watched as Phoebe held the triplets and wept as talked herself around to the idea of being the "favourite aunty".  I think about those who have found themselves in situations where they have a child at a young age.  This happened in my family.  Personally, I was happy to hear that my brother and his partner decided to keep their baby at such a young age. They could never have known at that age that they would  have an 8 year old son who does extremely well at school, my brother working is 6th year in the police force and his partner, now my sister-in-law is now studying to complete her nursing degree.

We all have difficult decisions to make in life and we cannot forsee the future but it is our faith that gives us the strength that we can and will achieve the best things in life.  The outcome of our decisions mould us into the person we are today.  The decision Phoebe in FRIENDS made to help out her brother in being their surrogate mother helped with starting a family.  A process that would have been more costly and difficult for Phoebe's brother and partner.  The decision my brother and his then partner (now wife) made has given them the determine to provide the best for their young family.

Just as my decision was to leave home nearly 10 years ago has moulded me to be a wife and mother with a great life, job, and now FOUR PAPERS to go for my degree!!!   When I left home I prayed to God that if my decision to leave was part of God's plan then I will do my best to serve Him! and the rest is History... :)

......God bless

p.s. Go the All Blacks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment